- Weighted feel with 1.5x the density of standard PLA
- Rustable! Create modern artifacts in a few easy steps – simply, mix peroxide and vinegar – then add salt until mixture is saturated. Spray or brush rusting solution on to your print and watch it rust!
- Attracts magnets (neodymium type recommended for strongest attraction)
- Induction at magnetic saturation about 0.15 Tesla
- Relative (to air) Permeability – between 5 and 8 independent of frequency up to 1 MHz
- Permeability – between 62E-7 and 100E-7 H/m independent of frequency up to 1 MHz
- More thermally conductive than standard plastic
- Prints easily like PLA with less nozzle wear than Steel or Carbon Fiber
- More filament for your money – 2x the length of Bronzefill (500g Iron =1kg Bronzefill)
**This filament is more abrasive than standard PLA. Be prepared to replace your nozzle and do 1st layer adjustment. Try a wear resistant and/or larger diameter nozzle for increased service intervals.
- Usable on most PLA-compatible printers, such as Lulzbot, Makerbot, FlashForge, Dremel, Ultimaker, Printrbot, and more!
In filament form, FEPLA is slightly more brittle than standard PLA, and requires extra care when handling.
Processing is comparable to standard PLA. No heated bed required. Process may be less consistent on smaller nozzles and/or bowden type machines. We frequently print using direct-drive systems with 0.4 mm nozzles, though prefer 0.6 mm and 190-210C (standard PLA or a bit cooler) for the best experience.